GPSC released the final answer key for the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil), Class-2 (GWSSB) 2022-23 on September 08, 2023. Candidates can check and download the Final answer key for the GPSC AE 2022-23 from the official website – gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. Get GPSC AE Answer Key Here.
GPSC STO Mamlatdar Recruitment 2023 has been released on the official website for the State Tax Officer/ Dy Mamlatdar, State Revenue Officer, Taluka development officer, and others. There are a total of 388 vacancies to be filled. The candidates can apply from August 16 to September 09, 2023 (11:59 PM). Check GPSC STO Mamlatdar 2023 Application form link here. GPSC exam calendar 2023 is out. The candidates can download the official GPSC Exam Calendar 2023 from the official website.
GPSC Exam Highlights 2023
The key highlights for the GPSC exam are given below -:
Name of the Exam
GPSC Exam (Gujarat Administrative Service Exam and Gujarat Civil Service Exam)
Gujarat Public Service Commission
Mode of Application
Rs 100 for General categories
No Fee for Reserved Category and PwD candidates.
Offline/ Pen paper
Language of Exam
Stages of Exam
Preliminary Test ( 2 Papers)
Mains Exam (6 Papers)
GPSC Notification 2023
The Commission has yet to release an updated notification on their official website. It is recommended that you keep an eye on https://sarkariexam360.com/ website for the most up-to-date information.
GPSC Vacancy 2023
The vacancies for GPSC 2023 have not been announced yet. Based on the previous year’s vacancies, it can be estimated that the number of openings for the 2023 session will be around 100.
GPSC Age Criteria:
The age criteria differ for students belonging to reserved or unreserved categories. The minimum age limit for candidates belonging to the general category is 20 years old and the maximum age limit is 35 years old.
The minimum age limit is the same for every candidate however, the maximum age limit differs. To reap the benefits of age relaxation, the candidate must have a domicile of Gujarat. Therefore, it can be summed up as -:
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC from Gujarat
Relaxation of 5 years
Maximum Age Limit – 45 years
Female candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC
Relaxation of 10 Years
Maximum Age Limit – 45 years
Female candidates belonging to the general category
Relaxation of 5 years
Maximum Age Limit – 45 years
A candidate who has served as an ex-serviceman
Relaxation of entire military years along with additional relaxation of 3 years given the condition that the candidate must have served in the military for 5 years.
Relaxation of 10 years given the condition that the candidate has to produce a certificate stating the disability.
GPSC Education Qualification 2023
The candidate who has obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized state/central university or is in the final semester of the examination is eligible to apply for the GPSC Exam 2023. Candidates who have further obtained a postgraduate degree can also apply for the GPSC Exam.
GPSC Application Form 2023
The application form for GPSC Exam 2023 is available online on the official website of the Gujarat Public Service Commission. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria given above can fill the GPSC Exam application form. The steps to apply are given below -:
- The applicant will have to visit the official website of Gujarat Public Service Commission i.e. https://gpsc.gujarat.gov.in// or https://gpsc-ojas.gujarat.gov.in/
- When the webpage opens, click on “Apply online”. You’ll be transferred to another page with various posts. Select the desired post and click on “Apply” and then “Apply Now”.
- The applicant then needs to register by clicking on “New Registration”. The applicant will have to provide the basic details like name, parent’s information, mobile no. etc. and other communication details like address, nationality, city, etc.
- Upload the necessary documents given below and submit the registration form. After submission, the applicant will be provided with a “One Time Registration Number” using which along with the date of birth, the applicant has to log in.
- After logging in, the application form for the desired post will open. The applicant will have to provide the necessary details including educational qualifications and upload the necessary scanned documents.
- Then click on save. The application tab will transfer to another tab from where the candidate can print the application form.
- Then click on “Online Payment of Fees” and pay the amount of the application form i.e. Rs 100 for general category students only. After submitting the payment, make sure to save the payment receipt for future reference. NOTE: For reserved categories hailing from Gujarat, there is no application fee.
GPSC Exam Admit Card 2023
The steps to download the admit card is given below-:
- Click on the link given above.
- Fill in the necessary details related to the desired job, Application or confirmation number and date of birth.
- After submitting the above details, students can download the admit card and print it.
- Without the admit card, students will not be allowed to sit for the exam. Hence, make sure to carry an extra copy of the admit card.
- Students should also make sure to follow all the guidelines and protocols given on the admit card. In case of any discrepancy, candidates can reach the helpline number given on the admit card or contact the relevant person for the same.
GPSC Exam Centers 2023
According to the official website of the Gujarat Public Service Commission, the various exam centres declared for the GPSC Exam 2020 are – Ahmedabad, Surendranagar, Surat, Bharuch, BK (Palanpur), Patan, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Kutch Bhuj, Mahesana, Rajkot, SK (Himmatnagar), Valsad, Vadodara and Tapi (Vyara).
GPSC Exam Pattern 2023
The GPSC Exam is conducted in 3 main stages. The candidate that qualifies for all the 2 written tests along with the personal interview will be shortlisted for the desired post. The 3 main stages of the GPSC Exam are as follows
GPSC Prelims Exam 2023
- Preliminary GPSC Examination consists of a total of 400 objective type questions. The prelims are divided into 2 parts General Studies 1 and General Studies 2 and each part consists of 200 questions. The duration of each part is 3 hours.
- Hence, the total duration is 6 hours. Students who obtain the requisite marks in the preliminary examination will be eligible to appear for the Mains Examination.
- The medium of the examination is both English and Gujarati.
GPSC Mains Exam 2023
- Students who have qualified prelims examination are eligible to appear for the mains. The mains examination consists of 6 descriptive papers of 150 marks each.
- The duration of each exam is 3 hours and the total marks equal 900.
GPSC Personal Interview 2023
- The candidates that have qualified for the mains examination are eligible to appear for the personal interview. The personal interview carries 100 marks.
- The final selection of the candidate is based on the marks scored out of 1000 marks. The final merit list will be published after the GPSC Personal Interview.
GPSC Syllabus 2023
It is recommended that students follow the GPSC 2023 exam syllabus as it would help them to have a better understanding of the exam.
GPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023
The syllabus of the Prelims includes the following topics:
|General Studies 1
General Studies 2
History ( includes Indian and Gujarati History)
Indian Economy And Planning
Cultural Heritage ( includes cultural knowledge of India and Gujarat)
Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
Science and Technology
General Mental Ability (includes Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Current events of regional, national and international importance
GPSC Mains Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the mains examination is tabulated below -:
Abbreviations, Passage related to poems, Speech, Letter Writing, etc.
Letter Writing, Essay ( one topic to be chosen from 5), Press Release/ Appeal, Report Writing, Writing on Visual Information, Formal Speech, Reading Comprehension, English Grammar, Translation of short passage to English.
Attempt 3 Essays from 3 different sections in about 800 words each.
General Studies 1
History of India, Cultural Heritage, Geography
General Studies 2
Indian Polity and Constitution, Public Administration and Governance, Ethics in Public Service
General Studies 3
Science and Technology, Indian Economy and Planning, Current events of Regional, National and International Importance.
GPSC Result 2023
The GPSC Exam result is declared thrice by the Gujarat Public Service Commission which includes the declaration of the Prelims result, declaration of the Mains result and finally releasing the selection list of the students who will be appointed at various posts to the Govt. of Gujarat.
The result declaration of the GPSC exam is done on the official website of the Gujarat Public Service Commission in the form of a merit list. The Gujarat Public Service Commission will publish a PDF with qualifying exams and the roll number of candidates who have qualified for the examination. Apart from this, candidates can also check the individual result by following the steps given below -:
- Visit the official website of the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
- Login by providing necessary credentials like Roll Number/Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- The candidate’s result portal will be opened and the candidate can now view the result.
GPSC Cutoff 2023
The Gujarat Public Service Commission releases the minimum qualifying marks on its official website as cutoffs. Every year more than 2 lacs students take the GPSC exam. Hence, the cutoff is just the bare minimum qualifying mark which allows the students to appear for the next level.
To be selected for the various govt. posts, students will have to score the highest of marks in each section and level of the exam. The cutoffs for the prelims for the year 2021 are tabulated below-:
|Category and Gender
GPSC Selection Criteria 2023
The selection of the candidates for various posts offered by the Gujarat Public Service Commission is based upon the merit scored in the first two qualifying exams i.e. Prelims and Main examination.
Apart from this the candidate also has to undergo a personal interview after which the candidates with the highest marks out of 1000 will be selected for various posts and ranks in class 1 and 2 categories.
GPSC Salary and Benefits 2023
The basic pay scale for candidates appointed in class 1 posts gets a salary ranging from Rs. 56,100 to Rs 1,77,500 whereas the salary of class 2 recruiters ranges from Rs 44,900 to Rs 1,42,400. One thing to note is that this salary isn’t fixed.
Depending on the post and rank, salaries of various posts under classes 1 and 2 are incremented annually as well as the post and rank of the employees are upgraded depending upon the quality of their work.
Along with the salary, there are some allowances provided such as medical facilities, transport allowance, paid education leaves, house rent allowance, dearness allowance along with various other facilities.
GPSC Exam 2023 FAQs
Question 1: Is it necessary to know the Gujarati Language for the GPSC Exam?
Answer 1: No, the candidates from other states who don’t know the Gujarati language can appear for the Prelims exam given the condition that they’re proficient in the English Language. However, students appearing for Mains will have to know the basic Gujarati Grammar to qualify for the descriptive paper of 150 marks.
Question 2: How many times can a candidate appear for the GPSC Exam?
Answer 2: A candidate can appear for the GPSC Exam as many times as they want to be given the condition that the upper age limit of the candidate should follow the norms set up by the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
Question 3: What are the books to refer to for preparing for the GPSC Exam?
Answer 3: The candidates can refer to the following books to prepare for the GPSC Exam – Oxford atlas (world and India) for Geography, Constitution and Indian Polity by M Laxmikant, Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal for mathematics, websites of DRDO & ISRO along with the current affairs related to ISRO, DRDO, Nobel and other important Literary prizes for Science and Technology. For developing fluency in English, students are advised to read newspapers such as The Hindu, Times of India etc. Students must study and cover all the important topics from NCERT first and then refer to other books.
Question 4: What is the age limit for GPSC?
Answer 4: The minimum age limit for candidates belonging to the general category is 20 years old and the maximum age limit is 35 years old. Relaxation of also provided as per rules.
Question 5: Does the GPSC Exam consist of any negative marking?
Answer 5: No, the GPSC Exam doesn’t have any negative marking in both prelims and mains examination.
Question 6: What is the difference between UPSC and GPSC Exams?
Answer 6: The difference between the UPSC exam and the GPSC exam is very slight. Both UPSC and GPSC exams have almost the same topics except the GPSC exam also includes History, Geography and Cultural and Heritage topics related to Gujarat which are not present in the syllabus of the UPSC exam.