Post Name : OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Recruitment 2024
Post Date : 18 January , 2024
Post Description : OSSSC Junior Clerk Prelims Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be conducted on 4th February 2024. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has released the notification for the post of Junior Clerk cum Typist. A total of 32 vacancies have been announced for the said post. Eligible Candidates can register online from 18th November to 17th December 2023.
OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Recruitment 2024
OSSSC Junior Clerk Exam Date for the Prelims has been announced. The exam will be conducted on 4th February 2024. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) has released the notification for the post of Junior Clerk cum Typist. A total of 32 vacancies have been announced for the OSSC Junior Clerk Recruitment.
- The finally selected candidates declared in the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam results will be posted in the Directorate of Drugs Control, Odisha, Bhubaneswar
- Candidates must fulfill the age eligibility I.e. they should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years.
- It is important that the candidate must be able to read, write and speak Odia.
- A total of three stages are included in the selection process the Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination, Computer Skill Test, Typing Test & Document Verification
- Candidates could fill out the online application form for the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam recruitment available on the commission’s website.
|OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Recruitment Notification 2023 Overview
|Exam Conducting Authority
|Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC)
|Name of the Post
|Total Number Vacancies
|Prelims, Mains, Computer Skill Test, Typing Test & Document Verification
|Mode of application
|Application form Commencement date
|18th November 2023
|Last Date of Online Registration Form
|17th December 2023.
|Hall Ticket Release Date
|To be announced
|Exam Date and Time
|4th February 2024
OSSC Junior Clerk Recruitment Vacancy
The OSSC Junior Clerk Exam vacancy is divided into categories. The table below illustrates the post-wise vacancy details for the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam recruitment 2023 notification.
|OSSC Junior Clerk Exam vacancy
|Name of the Post
|Vacancies for Special Categories
|Junior Clerk- cum- Typist
- Vacancies are subjected to changes as per the discretion of the Commission.
How to Apply Online for the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam?
Check out the steps mentioned below to apply online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of OSSC.
Step 2: Click on “Apply Online”
Step 3: Click the “New User” link, if you are registering for a Post for the 1st Time. All the registered candidates have to sign in with a username and password.
Step 4: After clicking on a new user an Instruction Page will appear on your computer screen.
Step 5: Scroll down and read the complete instructions carefully and click on the “Proceed to Registration” button.
Step 6: Fill in all the details and upload all the required documents.
Step 7: Clicking on the “Preview” button will open an alert to preview your registration details. Click “OK” to proceed.
Step 8: In the last step, pay the required fees for the exam by clicking on the “Pay Online”.
Step 9: Once you have filled the application successfully, a pdf file will be generated in a separate tab. Download the Pdf document for future reference.
OSSC Junior Clerk Selection Process
There will be three stages in the selection process which are the Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, Computer Skill Test & Typing Test.
OSSC Junior Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023
The candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Eligibility Criteria set by the commission. Any candidate who does not meet any of the eligibility criteria, his/her application will be rejected by the OSSC, and application fees will neither be refunded nor adjusted.
The candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 38 years of age to qualify for the OSSC Junior Clerk Recruitment 2023.
There will be age relaxation for candidates as per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose. Age relaxation of 5 years for SEBC, S.C., S.T, and all the Women candidates. By 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
No relaxation applies to SEBC, S.C./S.T. candidates of other States. They will be treated as general candidates.
The basic Education qualifications required for this recruitment are:
- The candidate must have Passed +2 Arts/ Science/Commerce conducted by CHSE or equivalent examination with Basic Computer Knowledge.
- The candidate must have passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject, or have passed High School Certificate Examination or equivalent, or have passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class VII or have passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by the school & Mass Education Department.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Other Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be able to read, write, and speak Odia.
- Be of good moral character and conduct.
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defects that are likely to interfere in the discharge of duty.
OSSC Junior Clerk Syllabus
The OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Syllabus is released by the Odisha commission at the time of the release of the official recruitment. Understanding the pattern of the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam syllabus is crucial as it will help you in formulating a balanced strategy to tackle the exam.
Here is the detailed syllabus for all the papers of the OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Examination:
Stage I – Written Examination (Objective Type)
The written examination will comprise of Prelims & Mains exam.
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
- Arithmatic-10″ Standard Level
- Data Interpretation (Chart,Graph,Table, Data Sufficiency etc.)
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability,
- General Mental Ability.
- Currents Events of National and International Importance
- Computer/ Internet Awareness
Mains Exam Syllabus
Language Paper (Odia & English)
- Odia Language Comprehension- 10th Standard.
- English language Comprehension- Plus Two Standard.
- Precis Writing (Odia as well as English) – 10th Standard
- Usage and Vocabulary (Odia as well as English)-plus two Standard.
- Translation from English to Odia and vice- versa. Plus Two Standard.
Stage II – Skill Test
Type Writing Test : Transcription in English of a passage of around 370 words in 10 minutes & Transcription in Odia of a passage of around 400 words in 25 minutes.
Basic Computer Skill Test : The computer skill test will be done on the following Basic Knowledge in Computer Application:
- Computer Fundamentals
- MS Window
- MS Office
- Word Processing (MS Words)
- Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
- Usage of Internet Services available on the Internet.
OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Pattern 2023
The OSSC Junior Clerk Exam will consist of three stages. In the table below we’ll discuss the complete exam pattern, which includes the subject, number of questions in each exam, duration of the exam, and maximum marks awarded for each exam.
|OSSC Junior Stenographer Exam Pattern
|Computer Skill Test & Typing Test
|100 (50 each)
- Also note that the there will be a penalty (Negative marking) for wrong answers marked by the candidate in examinations consisting of Multiple Choice Questions.
- The penalty/ negative marking will be 1/4 of the total mark for each wrong answer if four options are there & 1/3 of the total marks if three options are there and so forth.
- Merit List will be prepared on the basis of Main Written Examination (100 marks), Computer Skill Test (50 marks) & Typing Test (50 marks) only.
- Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature.
OSSC Junior Clerk Salary Details
Government exams are known for assured financial security and various kinds of standard perks. Here are the complete salary details of the OSSC Junior Clerk. This appointment will be initially on a contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of Rs. 19900 – 63200 Level-4 ).